Tuesday 14 May 2013

Paris to Bordeaux

I head out this morning after saying goodbye to the hotel staff who have been magnificent with me.  The one day that I couldn´t get out of bed, and missed breakfast, they were good enough to check in on me and bring me breakfast in bed and tea.  They were amazing. So now I get my taxi and it takes me to the train station where the birds are flying everywhere looking for little morsels that people have dropped.  I get a tea and a croissant and I wander around until my train is ready to board.  I´m finally on the train and I think I have seat.  I´m saying good bye to Paris but I will be back again some day but I hope I don´t come back alone again.  My seat on the train is very short lived. I paid for a first class ticket but I don´t have a seat.  I find a conductor and he tells me I´m displaced.  I tell him that that´s the story of my life lately.  LOL.  I end up on the floor of the dining car for over an hour until the same conductor comes by and takes my hand and finds me a seat.  He hopes I will not be displaced any more.   I am seeing the countryside of France speed passed and it´s beautiful. There are so many fields that are in blooms of yellow and little hamlets that I pass that are so Provencal.  I just realize how lucky I truly am to be here at this time in my life. I get off the train, turn the data on for my phone, go to google maps to look up my hotel and it directs me right here.  I´m getting smart in my old age.  Insert smile here!!!!!!!  I got to the hotel to find that it´s in a yucky location and the room is awful but that´s what happens when you book on the internet, you never know what you are going to end up with.  I´m tired and hungry and everything here is closed so I have to trudge back to the main road to find something to eat.  Only in Bordeaux (wine country) would I be sitting in an irish pub drinking beer and eating fish and chips.  Truly an adventure for me.  After lunch I´ve come back to my room and barricaded myself in and slept for a few hours.  I´m still coughing and it´s driving me crazy.  Another wonderful phone call and I´m truly happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment