Wednesday 8 May 2013

Here I am in Paris and I've never been more tired in my life.  I think it was trying to get everything done in the last week at home when I was sick.  I have managed to get out and about and I saw the Louvre yesterday and the Eifel Tower.  I wandered around for hours and was so lost trying to get back to my hotel that I finally sucked it up and turned on my roaming data, opened google maps and followed it back.  The people who work at the hotel Prince Albert are so kind to me.  They saw how tired I was last night and offered me a beer and some conversation before heading back to my room.  It was just what I needed and perked up quickly after that long juant.  My room here is very tiny but just what I need and nothing more.  It's very quiet and allowed me to sleep in until 11:30 this morning.  As I've said, I'm very tired now that I'm here.  My cough is getting better finally though. 
As I wandered around Paris last night, I realized that it really is the city for lovers and families and everyone else who is not here all by themselves.  Paris really has no appeal to me and I can't wait until tomorrow so I can catch the train to Bordeaux.  I'm looking forward to sampling some different wines and foods.  I can't seem to get any one to help me here in Paris, and that's whether it's for food or anything else.  There are long line ups to get into eateries at night and last night I went into a little deli and the gentleman behind the counter wouldn't even look at me let alone take my order so I left and found a little corner store to buy a sandwich and some fruit and water at.  I am really hoping my experiences change for the better otherwise I am going to see nothing and sleep more.  I really wanted my first blog while I am away to be more positive but I know it will get better.  I will go back to my room and sleep a little while longer before I leave to find some food and check out some more sites. 

2 comments:

  1. Andrea Allard8 May 2013 at 10:22

    Linda .... you are amazing! I am so proud of you and the journey you are on. It brings tears to my eyes to think of how far you have come.I knew you were a strong person,you just had to find her again. I'm so looking forward to reading more about your adventures.
    Be safe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what!?! you thought the French were going to be nice? you are so cute. Chin up buttercup - this is your adventure - each day will get better. Miss you. Love the blog. xoxo

    ReplyDelete