Tuesday 28 May 2013

Extra day in Pamplona

The undergarments are washed and outside on the balcony in the sun to dry.  The rest of the washing was sent out and will come back tonight.  I feel like me again.  Now if I could just find some hair conditioner I would be set.  The one thing I want to do when I finish this walk is get a pedicure and lay by a pool in the sunshine.  The pedicure will be most important.  Just to not have to pull my hair back and to wear makeup again will be so good.  It really is the little things in life that I'm thank ful for.
I wander around outside and find a market to buy some bread and cheese and wine and yogurt.  I find a store that sells hair conditioner.  I'm so excited.  I come back to the hotel and sit in th sunshine and have a picnic lunch.
I never realized how emotional this walk would make me and now I'm thinking that if anyone asked, I would recommend bringing a friend with you.  Someone who knows how grueling this is and who understands how exhausted you are every day and how you can't sleep at night which makes you feel even worse the next day.  Some days are six to seven hours of walking and lots and lots of hills.  I can write about it, and email about it and talk on the phone about it but until the person you are telling is actually here doing this, they will never really understand.  No matter how tired I am, I still get up every day and put on my socks and shoes over my blisters and keep going.  I honestly don't know if I can finish this but I know in my heart, right now that I have to keep going.  This adventure will and has brought up every time I've never felt good enough and every time someone has told me that I'm not good enough.  I expected to exorcise some demons while I was here but I never expected all of the buried feelings to rise to the surface all at once.  I want to be strong, I want to know I can do this, I want to be good enough.  I want to feel amazing.  Every step brings new emotions forward and being here and being completely and utterly alone doesn't help with all of the emotions.  If I decide to quit tomorrow and come home, it will not be because I am letting anyone down or myself.  I have nothing to prove but I have to know in my heart if that's the right decision for me.  I'm so glad for this time to chase these ghosts out of my life for good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment