Friday 3 May 2013

I am leaving in two days and I'm excited and anxious and apprehensive and every other emotion I can think of.  I have so much to do and I am taking the day off instead so I can get rid of this cough and cold.  It makes me anxious knowing that I won't get everything done but my health has to come first.  I'm trying very hard to see all the people I need to see before I go and the phone calls from well wishers is overwhelming.  Thank you to everyone who has wished me a safe trip.  I feel truly blessed that I have such amazing people who love me in my life.  Tonight I am getting together with girlfriends and hopefully my daughter Shelby and her husband will show up at the John B Pub in Coquitlam.  I'm looking forward to just relaxing and having a drink and not having to drive.  Tomorrow is lunch out with my mom and dad and my sister Laurie.  We will head to their local pub to see our favorite server in the whole wide world, Julie.  Sunday will be final clean up and I should leave for the airport at four.  I will have some last minute things to go into my bag but it is mostly ready. I have some gift cards to buy and dog food to get and money to take out but I can do that tomorrow.  I keep putting these things off and my days are getting fewer but the stress of not having it done will make me actually do it.  I hope!!!!  I know I will feel better once I am on the plane and in the air.  There won't be any turning back then!!  I just have to keep telling myself that I will be fine and if I'm not, I need to stop and drink the wine and eat the great food and just enjoy myself.  This is not a race, it was to put myself first and to try to figure out my life from this point forward.  So many changes in my life and so many possibilities.  It's time to just enjoy and be grateful for everything that I have in my life at this moment.  I can't change what's happened in my life but I can be thankful that it has changed for the better.  It's taken me a long time to see that it is better but it really is.  That kind of sounds like I'm trying to convince myself.  Oh well, maybe this journey I am taking will prove to me that I am exactly where I need to be for me!!   My next post will be from Paris!!!  

2 comments:

  1. Its your moment, I'll be there, arms wide open to congratulate and admire your determination.
    Oh and to drink wine =)
    Xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget the wine. It dulls the full complexity of the experience that is before you. Instead, drink every moment of your pilgrimage and gain fulfillment from that.

    ReplyDelete