Tuesday 14 May 2013

Bordeaux to St. Jean

I´ve woken to sunshine this morning.  Yeah!!!  I didn´t sleep very much last night. Thinking about amazing conversations on the phone.  Today I need to get the train to St. Jean.  I didn´t realize it but it´s another four hours from here.  Here´s to trains and hoping for a seat this time.  I´m so thank ful for the warmth of the sunshine.  I get my ticket and decide to head to cafe across the street for some lunch and some wine.  Finally, some wine.  I sit outside in the sunshine and eat and watch people go by.  The birds are sharing my baguette with me.  Very cute.  The wine and lunch and sunshine has renewed me.  Now to get my train and get to St. Jean.  Tomorrow I start walking.  It will be nice to not have to rely on anything but my wits and my feet.  Tomorrow anything is possible.  I feel like the possibilities in my life are immense at this point.  After the train ride to Bayonne, I had to I thought switch trains, but it turns out that it is a bus that takes you right into St. Jean.  I just sleep for a bit and we are there.  The bus is loaded with people from all around the world who are doing the Camino.  I won´t be alone on this journey or at least that´s how I feel right now.  I find my hotel and I have a really cute little room and I drop my bags and head out to the Camino passport office.  I wait in line for about half an hour and finally get in to get my passport stamped.  I start my journey tomorrow.  I return to my hotel and get a glass of wine and just relax.  As I´m having my glass of wine, two elderly French ladies come in for tea. I could tell they were talking about me so I just smiled and said Bonjour and they smiled back and tipped their heads to me.  It was very sweet.  I run across the street to grab a pizza to have in my room.  We talk on the phone for about an hour.  I always feel much better after our conversations.  Thank you.  It´s time to get to bed as tomorrow I will need my energy to walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment