Tuesday 5 February 2013

Lately I have had a few people ask me if I have any reservations about walking the Camino by myself and I've answered very honestly that, no I haven't.  Now that this thought has been put in my head I am starting to rethink this idea.  Is this a good idea to walk alone for 900 KM?  I'm sure I will meet up with people along the way.  For me, I think that whatever happens, will happen and I can't worry about stuff like that.  I can't control anything so why try.   I don't really want to go with any one else because then if I want to walk further one day than they do or if they get sick or have blisters and cannot walk, then I will feel obligated to wait for them.  I think it will be much better to just walk alone and only have to worry about me.  Here's the thing, If I am still to answer honestly, I would say that I am really looking forward to walking alone, walking and having to wonder where in the world I will end up next.  If I sit and question everything, I will be too afraid to do this or to just live life.  Isn't it better to embark on a journey and not know where it is going to take you than to be afraid to never go at all?  It's time to live and that's what I intend to do!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment